- 20-Mar-2013 to 29-Mar-2013 (CST)
- External Relations
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Part Time
The purpose of the Usher positions is to provide excellent customer service to our patrons, whether they are here for a show or to visit the building. Assist House Management and other general duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas:
• Direct and accurately seat patrons
• Assist patrons as needed or when appropriate, especially the elderly and those with special needs
• Monitor patrons during performances inside the theaters and communicate appropriate emergency or security issues to supervisors
• Be aware of and follow Guthrie emergency procedures
• Fill program stands, stuff or sticker programs for special events or when understudies are performing
• Communicate with supervisors, informing them of patron comments, problems, or needs
• Scan tickets and monitor doors to ensure that everyone entering a performance has a ticket
• Make sure all access chairs are in place for patrons prior to performances
• Make the lobbies are clean, safe and welcoming.
• Interest or prior experience in live theater
• Some math, writing and reading required
• Good communication and listening skills, easily communicates with public
• Willingness to assist and serve
• Ability to stand for periods of time, to move quickly, and to climb stairs
• Ability to be considerate and patient
• Ability to remain calm in the event of an emergency
• Presents a positive and approachable demeanor
• Uses initiative
• Flexible and willing to move from area to area and perform different tasks as needed
• Must be available for a minimum of 5 shifts per week, including a minimum of 3 weekend shifts (Friday-Sunday). Availability on Sunday evenings is required.
• Must be available for training during the month of April.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!